Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday

Mini-sock
I got to the part of the sock to where Holly showed us on Saturday. Erring on the side of caution, I have put it aside until next Saturday, until Holly shows us the rest. I want to be sure that I'm knitting it correctly. I may put what I've done so far on a stitch holder so I can knit the other sock (using the other end of the yarn ball) up to the same point so I have two ready to go on Saturday.

Baby hat
I'm almost done with the ball of yarn. Although what I have so far is insanely cute and knit almost to perfection, I think it's going to be too small. According to a growth chart from the CDC, a baby that weighs 18 lbs should have a head circumference of 17-19 inches. So far my hat is only 15" and if I'm lucky I might get another inch before I'm done. Too small. So I'll probably have to rip it out and redo it on larger needles. Right now I'm using size 4, so I might go up to size 7 so I have some leftover yarn for a pompom.

Glory Road
LOVED this movie! Cried through half of it, though I'm pretty emotional. I may not like watching sports but I love sports movies. If you go to see it at the theatre, wait through the credits... there's an interview at the end with the original coach and players.

Superbowl XL
Barely watched it. DV-R'd most of it, watched the commercials, skipped past any part that they weren't actually playing football and turned it off once we saw the confetti. It's just kind of boring when you're not rooting for your own team. Not to mention that I don't really like football and the Superbowl is the only time I ever watch it. Maybe the New England Patriots will make it there next year!

No comments: