Thursday, February 09, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Although I'm not really into playing sports or even, for the most part, watching sports I have always been a HUGE fan of the Olympic Games. For the Torino 2006 XX Winter Games, not only will I be DVR-ing most of the events to watch at home and receiving regular updates from CBC, I will also take my ardent fan status to the 2006 Knitting Olympics.

I'm so amazed that the Knitting Olympics have reached such olympic proportions - over 3300 knitters! That's unbelievable. There was an article in The Oregonian and a quick search on Google yielded 96,400 results. Thank you Yarn Harlot for inspiring the knitting community with this awesome event!

I was tempted to join. But I didn't think I could commit to it. And I saw the UFOlympics but still, I did not join. I will retain my fan status, knit while I watch, and cheer for all the participants. Go TeamCanada!! Go Team Canada! Go for gold!

No comments: