Friday, February 17, 2006

Currently reading


If you've ever read The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, you know that it is alot to take in. So much so that I need to start from the beginning whenever a new book is published. Otherwise my brain forgets things that happened earlier. I cannot just pick up Book 11 and begin reading. That will not happen for a few months. Perhaps by my birthday in June. The upside of this is that when I get to the parts with Trollocs, every time through, the nightmares are less and go away quicker. Desensitizing myself to my own imagination.

Max refuses. He's waiting until the last book comes out and then he'll read the whole thing over again.

He is willing, however, to do this for the Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel and the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I always do but perhaps my memory lanes just need a few runs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started the whole Wheel of Time series over again last summer, and finished just in time to buy book 11. It's definitely a time investment, but I would have been totally lost otherwise.

For Harry Potter, I actually Google for "cliff notes" on the previous books to remind me of the primary plot points before starting a new one (or watching the movies when they come out). That works fairly well since those books aren't quite as complex plot-wise as Jordan's.

-Anthony