Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mini-sock

My knitting class yesterday was great. There were five of us. Our instructor, Holly Daymude, was really great! She was so patient, quick to calm any fears, and demonstrated everything very clearly. Plus, she was able to estimate that from my skein of yarn, I'd be able to make three pairs of mini-socks. Think ankle socks. They're cute and I love the colours. I might even be willing to share but that is still undecided. Here's the ball winding photos from Friday and a picture that Holly snapped at the end of class.





Current work-in-progress basket


Top left: front of the Viking Turid sweater, cast-on and knit three rows. The rest will have to wait for larger needles to be available.
Top middle: Patons Bella cardigan, on hold and currently being mulled over. I'm thinking about just turning it into a wrap for the office but haven't decided.
Top right: mini sock on two circulars and Cherry Tree Hill "tropical storm"
Bottome right: completed back of the Viking Turid sweater
Bottom middle: MIL sweater sleeve cuff... needs to be transferred onto larger needles (US 7 to US 8) to continue
Bottom left: baby hat using Frivol pattern by Debbie Tuttle. I'm most of the way done. It's going to take the rest of the ball of yarn.

No comments: