Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olympics and snow

Last night, there was some of both. We had DVR'd the opening ceremonies, some women's hockey, luge, alpine skiing and some other things. This is the first time watching the Olympics so thoroughly on DVR and while it does feel a little anti-climatic finding out who won and when everyone already knows... the ability to skip through the commercials and the sports commentators is GREAT! I love that part. And I love the hours on end with which to knit! My hands cramped a little because of all the small work I'm doing on size 2 and size 3 needles (socks and Viking Turid), but taking a break to drink tea or do a few rows on my MIL's sweater (with size 8 needles) helped.

And the snow. Everything is so beautiful this morning. Frosted trees and snow covered lawns are not the usual in this area and perhaps more treasured because of the infrequency. On the other hand, the people around here HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DRIVE and when it snows, well, it's usually a disaster. So if we had received this 8-12" of snow on Sunday night, chances are that all the schools would have been cancelled or delayed and the federal government would be on a delayed schedule. The main road outside our house looks perfectly clear and to my astounding surprise, the snow plow has actually made a run by our house. So our Valentine's Day brunch in Old Town is still on. Just need to get myself dressed and pretty looking.







And lastly, here's a shout-out to Nikki and Ben! Always glad to know who my readers are and if I need to watch my language... until Baby Rimes learns to read, I'm probably safe.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ha! Your pictures look just like mine ... right down to the close up of holly! The snow is so pretty it hurts to look at it.