Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Crafty couch potatoes?!?

What a jerk! No, no, tell us what you really think JENINNE LEE-ST. JOHN. That's not offensive at all. As a knitter in my twenties, I have to put up with jibes about little old ladies... but couch potato? Thanks. ALOT. I'm not the only one who feels this way... I was tipped off by Knitorious.

Moving on... the knitting met with some frustration this weekend. I'm almost done the front of my Viking Turid, or so I thought. When I matched the front and the back, the armholes are about 2 inches off and do not begin in the same place. Argh. So now one needs to be ripped. But which one? For now, the two pieces are sitting in my knitting basket while I work on something else... namely the sleeve for the MIL cardigan, which is infinitely easier at this point... and glare at my Viking Turid. So frustrating. This is why I didn't sign up for the knitting olympics.

Anyway... how great is the Canadian women's hockey team? I loved watching the game against Sweden. Cried during the medal ceremony when they played O Canada and sang along in my head. Definitely the best women's team ever.

TeamCanada, Day 11

3 Gold:
Jennifer Heil for Freestyle Skiing
Women's Ice Hockey Team x 20
Duff Gibson for Skeleton

6 Silver:
Women's Team Sprint for Cross Country x 2
Pierre Lueders and Lascelles Oneil Brown for Bobsleigh
Jeff Pain for Skeleton
Men's Team Pursuit for Speed Skating x 5
Cindy Klassen for Speed Skating
Women's Team Pursuit for Speed Skating x 5

5 Bronze:
Cindy Klassen for Speed Skating
Jeffrey Buttle for Figure Skating
Anouk Leblanc-Boucher for Short Track Speed Skating
Mellisa Hollingsworth for Skeleton
Dominique Maltais for Snowboard

No comments: