Friday, January 20, 2006

Librivox

I heard about Librivox from Brenda Dayne via her podcast, Cast On.



LibriVox wants all books in the public domain to be available, for free, in audio format, on the internet. We are a totally volunteer, open source, free content, public domain project.

How cool!

Currently I'm downloading The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry. It's about 13 minutes long. There's also a few poems that I think I'll download and add them to my playlists... like ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas for my Christmas playlist. There's recordings in other languages as well, like French, Italian, Germany, and Finnish.

The list of solo projects to come is exciting... Sun Tzu's Art of War (especially for anyone who watches Smallville or reads Superman comic books), many by Jane Austen (hopefully with a British accent), and one of my very favorites, The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams.

There's also this site: Free Audio

No comments: