Monday, January 09, 2006

Grafting, argh!

The knitting was going so quickly on the Patons Bella cardigan and then... I decided that I wanted to graft the shoulders to save on yarn (since I only bought 7 balls) and for a nicer look. But I've never done it before. Argh. After an hour of trying, including having Max read the instructions from this book out loud to me, taking out more than a few attempts... I gave up. For now anyway. I will put this aside until next weekend and try again.

In more positive news, I was able to take advantage of the sales at both Knit Happens and AC Moore. I got Sugar 'n Cream Cotton yarn and size 9 needles for my knitting lesson and Caron Bliss "snow" yarn for the trim of a Santa hat for me (a little late or ahead of the curve?) at AC Moore. Knit Happens was having a pre-inventory sale, everything 20% off, and so I bought two pairs of Addi Turbos for my sock knitting class next month, two skeins of Manos Cotton Stria red, two skeins of Alchemy Bamboo in persimmon and cherry, and a ball of Mission Falls in a beautiful dark green.


Plus, I got this dress at Ann Taylor to wear at one of the weddings this summer. It was an expensive weekend for shopping, but fun!

No comments: