Friday, October 05, 2007

Pink Striped Hat

I finished this hat earlier this week, during breaks from cleaning and tidying the house. It's for my little cousin - hopefully she still likes pink alot! It's reversible. Which side do you like better?

A
IMG_3442 IMG_3441

B
IMG_3446 IMG_3448

Normally I don't like the purl side but this time I do, and much more than the knit side. Especially because of the subliminal C that forms, which is my cousin's initial.

Red Scarf update
I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and was able to squeeze in a quick shopping trip to Knit Happens! Picked up some good bright red yarn on sale for $1 per ball, and with 6 balls I should have more than enough. Max thinks it's too bright to be unisex but if I worry about that I'll make myself crazy. I'm going to use the brioche rib stitch. So far I have 7.5" wide and 2" length. I like it and it's super easy to remember so I don't have to look at a pattern (and it's not boring garter stitch)

2 comments:

Cara Maria McDonough said...

So cute! I need to get back into making hats with winter coming and all - although right now it is very hot and seems very far away...

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Very cute hat! The sprial makes me dizzy if I look at it too long. But the C is so cool.

Yay on finding some yarn to use for the scarf. : )