Thursday, October 18, 2007

Orange Frivoli

There is a couple who works at my office and the wife is pregnant. She is due in a couple of weeks with her second child. Soon they'll have two boys! Originally the plan was to make a hat for the baby and one for the older boy as well, in the same pattern but different yarn. I was a little late getting started since I was side-tracked by other things but there's still a possibility I might get the other one done as well. Here's the baby hat, with four repeats completed:

IMG_3551 IMG_3552

The pattern is Frivoli and the yarn is Kollage Delicious. I'm using US size 3 needles. The green sleeve is from a bottle of liquor. My Mom remembered that I like to use them for my knitting so she brought me 3 more when she came to visit.

2 comments:

Teri S. said...

Very cute hat! I suspect that you could give the big brother his hat a few days late and he might never know (depending on how old he is, of course). Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute, Nicole! And the big brother would love a hat--I have it on good authority that he recently enjoyed wearing a hat purchased for the baby all around the mall. :)