Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ashley's scarf

My brother has a new girlfriend, Ashley. They started dating a couple of months ago and I got to meet her on Christmas day. My brother has been so happy since they started dating and I had heard so many wonderful things about her from the rest of my family that I decided to knit her a scarf for Christmas (pictured here in my parents' snowy backyard).

IMG_4021

It was a quick project, two strands of worsted weight wool on size 11 needles. Cast on 12 stitches, knit in brioche rib (from The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches by Reader's Digest Editors) until I ran out of yarn. Complementary yarn used for the fringe.

Ashley is wonderful, just like everyone had told me, and I think she is great for my brother. I didn't want to scare her off by saying welcome to the family but she is indeed.

No comments: