Monday, January 29, 2007

Homemade Sunday

On Sunday, there was more food from the kitchen. Look at this beautiful homemade bread! I used the no-knead recipe and third time's a charm. This loaf is crusty on the outside, light and airy on the inside. We sliced it and ate it with cheese and soup. Yum!



For dessert, homemade ice cream. I used my new ice cream maker for the first time. The blurring in the first picture is the motion from the paddle.



I mixed 2 cups Stoneyfield Farms fat free vanilla yogurt, 1 cup heavy cream, and 1/2 cup of Bear Naked's Banana Nut granola. Delicious! Next time I'll probably use a little less granola and add a little honey for a slightly creamier and sweeter ice cream.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Everything looks so yummy! And I am totally craving waffles now too (re your earlier post). :)