Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

One year anniversary of blogging. Wow. When I started this blog last year... well, much has changed. I take pictures more with an eye for posting on my blog. Instead of emailing my friends and family about my trips, I direct them to read it on my blog (or email the post to some, like my Mom). Most of all, my expectations have changed.

Review of 2006

  • - knitted 1 set of handwarmers, 1 bunny, 1 poncho, 1 airhose cosy, 2 stoles, 3 unrevealed items, 3 scarves, 3 sweaters, and 11 hats (hats rock)
  • - crocheted 1 lumpy freeform item and numerous edgings on knitted items
  • - attended one reunion, 3 weddings, and went on vacation via 5 plane trips to three states and two countries
  • - still in progress (UFOs)...the Viking turid sweater, the rainbow scarf, my first pair of adult socks, my first pair of baby socks, the red scarf, and two hats
  • - lost 20lbs (but gained a little holiday weight)
Resolutions
  • - use more yarn from my stash (especially the good stuff!)
  • - finish one of my UFOs
  • - use my new sewing machine
  • - use my new ice cream machine (Christmas gift!)
  • - make a good loaf of no-knead bread
  • - lose my holiday weight (helps that I'll be practicing yoga twice a week starting tomorrow)
Travel (much less planned this year than last year)
  • - weekend trip to visit the Hylands in PA and stay at a cute bed and breakfast
  • - weekend trip to visit Max's brother at Cornell University and eat at the Moosewood Restaurant
  • - weekend trip to Georgia to see Kristina defend her thesis
  • - Canada for the holidays

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Oooh... Moosewood, that would be so cool.

I remember from last summer I noticed that lovely Bamboo in your stash and wondered what you wanted to knit with it. It's scrummy; I made Mom a little basket (Bamboozelle pattern @ Knitty) with some.

Happy Blogiversary! :)