Monday, June 12, 2006

Not even a scratch

I had a little accident with the car. I was practicing my driving in our neighborhood and I got a little scared by some cars at an intersection and drove too close to the curb. Max and I are fine. The car is fine, not even a scratch (except on the hub caps), but I took out both tires on the right side. They both had holes in them about the size of a quarter. Getting a tow truck took 3 hours. Luckily it was good weather and only three blocks from our house. Almost a dozen people stopped to ask if we needed help. Max was really upset about the whole thing but he didn't get mad at me, yell, or anything. He said I felt bad enough about it already (crying in public) and he didn't want it to stop me from trying again next weekend. Not that I want to... but I guess I should.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling a bit better about this now. It must have been a bit unnerving.

When I was learning to drive, I got flustered when I saw some older classmates in the school lot and accidentally pressed the gas pedal instead of the brake. Luckily I wasn't going fast, but I did bump a pole. : )

SP8