Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend

Friday night we ordered Chinese take-out for dinner, I made a martini for myself, watched TV, and I did some knitting. That night I had the best dream... I was at the ISB reunion, but we were all at the University of Madison (I know this because I saw my friend Ray Hsu there). We were all on this grassy hill and when I looked around I could see all these people from my class... Anthony, Charles, Darren, Angela, Donald... and we were just hanging out together and talking, eating in the cafeteria. When I woke up, I had the happiest feeling. So of course I had to wake up Max (at 4am) to tell him. :) Then I went back to sleep.

Saturday, I got up before Max and baked a Strawberry-Rhubarb pie from Schmecks Pies & Tarts by Edna Staebler, we watched some cartoons during breakfast, went to the gym, and had a fabulous evening with Erin and Simon. Dinner was great, I got the whole "Buy Netflix" speech, saw their wedding video, and we all had tons of laughs afterwards watching the type of things that show up on Web Junk 20, and I got to borrow Erin's copy of Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter.

Sunday, I got up before Max again and made some homemade granola, we watched some more cartoons during breakfast, I practiced my driving and then we went to the gym, had dinner for lunch, went out for coffee and sat around reading our books at Cameron Perks, watched some TV (only a little Oscars) and I did some knitting. I cast off the left side of the MIL cardigan and I'm working on the right side. After this piece is done, the rest is finishing... sewing seams, knitting the ribbing for the pockets and button bands. There's yarn on the way for Kristina's birthday present and I'm just hoping I can get a major part of the cardigan done before I start something else, again.

3 comments:

Trish said...

I'm reading Yarn Harlot now. I love her blog and the book is even better.

Nicole said...

Her blog is definitely my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's me!

*wave*

Just over one month to go! :-)

-Anthony