Friday, July 11, 2008

Stash enhancement

While I was in St. Joe, we went to the local yarn store in Benton Harbor, Michigan. It is much bigger than I expected! And quite a range of products... everything from Malabrigo to Lion Brand, from Pony needles to Addi Turbos. Several ladies offered to help me find what I was looking for... but mostly I wanted to browse.

Yarn

As you can see, I ended up picking up a red skein of Malabrigo (perhaps for a scarf to match my red mittens), some Fortissima Colori Socka Color yarn with a little sparkle for a baby hat I have in mind for one of my pregnant coworkers, and some Plymouth Royal Bambooo just because it's so soft and lovely. Not shown: Addi Turbos 12" size 1 needle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Fortissima yarn is brilliant. I'm in the middle of socks with it. The one thing to know, is that it will bunch up every few rounds though. The tinsel that is plied with the yarn, does NOT stretch, so knit loosely, especially in something that needs some stretch.
I'm so glad you found some good finds!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That malabrigo is lovely! Good finds! :)