Friday, December 07, 2007

Red mittens finished

IMG_3899

My red mittens had their first real test run this morning on my morning commute. The 13% cashmere content makes them soft but not necessarily toasty warm when outside in the wind and near freezing temperatures. I think they would be perfect for riding in a cold car though. Or for the fall when it's not so cold. Still, they fit well and I will continue wearing them since they match my red Koolhaas hat. Maybe they just need mitten liners.

Last night I cast on something new, the Short-Row Hat by Veronik Avery using Shepherd Worsted Multi by Lorna's Laces. So far I can barely tell where the pattern is going but I don't yet understand how it will all fit together. The yarn is wonderful, soft and beautiful, and does not untwist in the least.
Post a Comment