Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First day of snow

Max has been hoping for snow all winter and finally he is happy. Looks like we'll get about an inch of snow today. There were a bunch of school closings even though the roads were fine for the most part, just a little slow going. Here's a shot from this morning before we left the house for work:



And this one is from when we got home. For our area, this is considered real snow.



After I took this picture, I threw a snowball at Max and so a short snowball fit ensued. We stopped after Max slipped on the sidewalk and landed on his ass. He's not hurt and we had fun. I tried to make a snowman but it's not the right kind of snow, doesn't pack right. Maybe tomorrow but I doubt it. It think tomorrow will be mostly ice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the snow! Honestly, I'm surprised that you don't get at least a bit more. Have fun with it while it lasts; you're making me realize that I need to enjoy winter a bit more too, especially now that the days are getting (a tiny bit) longer.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your snow! Of course we have more than a foot of the stuff, and I can't wait for it to melt so I can go back to the beach, but oh well.
You should make a snowball and stick it in your freezer so you have a reminder. Then bring it back out in summer and watch how fast it melts :)