Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow

Today we had our first snow in the Washington, DC area. With the forecast calling for 1-2 inches of snow by the end of the day, there were schools with delayed opening, early closings, and terrible traffic all over the place. On the other hand, when I left for work this morning, the roads were dry and barely any snow was coming down - really you had to squint a little to see it. Here's the view of the Masonic Temple from my window:



By lunch, it was starting to stick and so I ran out for a few minutes to take a few pictures:



With all this cold weather, it's a good thing that my red mittens are finally cooperating! One is almost done and I can't wait to finish the pair.

Winter 007

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

I always think it's funny when schools close for 1-2 inches. : )

These two middle pictures are gorgeous!!