Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New furniture

Last week we finally received the new furniture that we ordered in March from Restoration Hardware. After looking for so long and having a hard time agreeing on something we both liked, once we ordered it, the wait for delivery seemed interminable!



You can see from the carpet marks that our old leftover-from-college furniture was considerably smaller. And if you can imagine that our old dresser was unfinished wood and that our night stand we finished ourselves, well... it was time.

Ankle update
I'm doing alot better. Over the weekend I even ditched the boot and wore two shoes for the first time in a month! It felt weird but it was nice to not wear the boot. Still, had to put it back on for work on Monday. I do way too much walking during the day and it would just be too easy to over do it. I have a follow-up appointment today so we'll see what the doctor has to say. I hope it's good because I'm supposed to go to New York next week on business.

Driving update
I drove this weekend too! First time in over a month but it felt pretty much the same as last time. The major milestone was in the destination-about 10 minutes away from where we live. I was sweating the whole way and by the time we got there, the steering wheel was wet. I was scared but I still did it. Max drove back.
:)

Knitting
There has been some knitting but with the warmer weather I don't really feel like working on anything that much. I'm still finishing up the yoga mat bag, the Clapotis is on hold because I need to frog back a section, there's a poncho in my knitting basket that just needs to be blocked to be finished but I haven't yet, and I'm dying to cast on something new for Erin's baby. The only thing I have finished lately is a headband for Erin and one for a co-worker.

No comments: