Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Namaste

In lieu of practicing yoga (I miss it so much!!), I've been knitting the Namaste yoga bag.



Changes

I'm using a different yarn (Natura Sayelle in off white), knitting in the round (one less stitch), instead of breaking the yarn after knitting the bottom I cast on the stitches after row 8, and the cable pattern is changed to this:

Rows 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8: P1, [k9, p1] to end.
Row 3: P1, [C6B, k3, p1] to end.
Row 7: P1, [k3, C6F, p1] to end.

Less purling and less seaming in the end. The strap was once a too-bulky-never-worn cable belt. The curled up part in the front is the bottom.

Ankle update
I went to see the orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Ubelhart yesterday. With another round of x-rays, he confirmed that nothing was broken. The ligaments have been sprained but now I need to start walking on my foot. I have a boot/walking brace. I'm going back to see Dr. Ubelhart in 2-3 weeks but I could be on this until June 1. It's progress though, really. I can put weight on my foot and for short distances I can get around on one crutch. It's a little piece of my independence and freedom.

1 comment:

Kateln said...

That is gorgeous! I love it. I can never get my braided cables to look that great.

Glad to hear that you can start walking on the ankle again! Take care of yourself.