Friday, May 04, 2007

Does bad luck come in threes?

Everyone is always saying how bad luck comes in threes.... first was my tail bone, then my ankle, and now? My tooth. I was chewing gum at lunch and it started to get crunchy. When I pulled it out, a large piece of filling was missing from my back tooth. Ugh. My dentist is out of town so I will wait until Monday to get it fixed. Luckily it's not painful.

Clapotis
This was my travel knitting for my trip to San Francisco. I successfully knit one skein of Alchemy Bamboo and finished Section 1 and 2. There was some major frustration trying to figure out what the pattern increases meant as some of the terms used do not mean what they usually mean. This chart helped out immensely! Once I had that figured out, it was smooth sailing and pretty easy to knit. I only had to pay attention to which row I was on and when to do the increases where.




Now I need to wind my next skein into a ball before I can resume knitting. Then buy 2 more to finish. The drape of the fabric is lovely, it's so soft, and I love the sheen.

2 comments:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Ouch! So sorry about the tooth, are you getting it fixed soon? Clapotis is gorgeous already!

Marlene said...

I still have bad days with my ankle --- which I sprained THREE years ago! I hope yours heals much faster and more thoroughly.

Your Clapotis is looking lovely. I have not yet had an opportunity to knit with bamboo, but it sure looks inviting.

In answer to your question on my blog: I checked with the Master Knitters committee and due to concerns about plagarizm and unfair advantage for the future Level 1 applicants, they would prefer that I didn't publish my reports. It's too bad. I'd like to share what I learned. It seems far too much work to keep to oneself.