Monday, September 18, 2006

This hat is too small



Not swell. That's what I get for not swatching. Testing on two adult heads (me and Max), it does not fit. Still, it's super cute! I think it might fit my little cousin. I asked my Mom to measure his head for me.

I'm going to try again on size 6 needles and follow the directions for size M. Probably without the ear flaps and tassels. And maybe this one will be just right.

Also, started on one of the Cambridge jacket sleeves. I measured the gauge after I had knit a few rows... I had to frog it and start over on smaller needles.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Ouch, I'm sorry the first hat turned out small, but I hope it'll fit your cousin. I always have to resize hats I knit because my family on both sides are rather.... large-headed. : )

What color are you knitting Cambridge in? (Sorry if you already blogged this... I might've missed a post.)