Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lava Bar contest



I received the Lava Bar a few weeks ago but with my diet, it was hard to find a way to fit in 280 calories. But then I didn't eat much one day and decided to treat myself with the ice cream and "the world's first liquid chocolate bar." The people at Lava Bar suggested I try it over ice cream and so I did. Add 110 calories.

So how did it taste?

It's good, but... it doesn't taste like chocolate syrup, rather it's a cross between melted chocolate fudge and chocolate brownie batter. And there's a slight after taste that I can't identify. From the ingredients, your guess is as good as mine. Over ice cream it clumped and became more fudge like but for me, that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

Max took one taste and decided he didn't like it. Ringing endorsement indeed.

Would I buy it? No, probably not.

So, now here's the contest part: Who wants to try it? I have two more Lava Bars. Leave me a comment between now and Friday at midnight. I'll randomly choose a winner and announce the winner on Saturday.

3 comments:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Unless it contains peanuts in the ingredients, I'd be happy to try it. : ) I wonder if it'd be better warm.

Have you sent your contest info to Chris at stumblingoverchaos.com? She might be able to give you a blurb.

m. said...

I like chocolate. And I like to try new things, so count me in. :)

Eve said...

Free chocolate? I am in. I still have years left to enjoy my youthful metabolism.