Monday, August 07, 2006

Secret projects

Although I can't tell you about the secret projects I've been working on, here's some clues:



Lady Eleanor has made it to the 3rd ball of yarn. There are 5 in total and so I'm nearing the half-way point. It's definitely too big to travel with me to California this week so I'll have to find something else - maybe I'll work on my other sock!

Weekend review
Saturday we did a lot of cleaning up and getting ready for our trip. We also went to the gym. For fun, we drove out to the Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center to see Superman on IMAX - but it was cancelled! Still, we had a good time walking around the museum and looking at all the planes and space memorabilia. Afterwards we drove over to Tysons Corner for a little shopping. That night we watched The Neverending Story. It's shorter than I remembered but still good.

Sunday we tried to relax in the morning but ended up cleaning some more. After lunch, our friend Anthony came over. We talked and played a couple of games of Settlers of Catan. Not too many people know how to play and it's so complicated explaining the rules that I'm always excited when we find someone who already knows how to play. Anthony won the first game, Max won the second game. For dinner, we went to Yamazoto for some yummy Japanese and Thai food. As we drove Anthony back to his parents house, we made tentative plans to get together on Friday while Max and I are in California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fab weekend! (But that's too bad Superman was canceled.)

I tend to bring not one but two projects with me when traveling. More if I'm going by car, with no airline weight restrictions. : ) It depends on where I'm going, though. Funnily, I haven't yet been able to decide what to take with me for my trip this weekend, and I have to pack tomorrow!

Have a wonderful weekend!

SP8