Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Knitting ahead

Along with the linen towels, I'm working on a tiny gauge project. This one also hurts my hands but in a different way... this one is more about tiredness and cramping if I work on it too long. The yarn is silk, same as what I used for my Mom's shawl. I wanted to see how the different gauge would feel, and how long of a scarf it would produce. It's a Christmas present for a animal fiber sensitive friend, one who I know will appreciate all the effort that will go into making it. Visible progress takes time so you make not see this one for awhile, which is just as well... knitting with the thin silk should make for the perfect summer project.

IMG_7910

IMG_7909 IMG_7908

2 comments:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

I love the shininess of the silk!

And linen can be a pain to work with. I find that frequent breaks help. I've thought about washing it, but am a wee bit paranoid about tangles, silly me. : )

vanessa said...

lovely stitch!