Friday, April 10, 2009

Family visit

My parents and my sister are visiting this weekend. They're driving down from Canada (crazy!), staying overnight in Corning, NY so they can go to the Corning Museum of Glass, and will be arriving sometime this afternoon. We're supposed to go walking around DC once they get here so I've put together tonight's dinner ahead of time.

To start, a selection of olives (for them, Max and I don't like olives) and some wine.

Then Zingy Bean Dip with baby carrots and chips.

For dinner, Mushroom Curry with pasta. This is probably the only curry recipe I like.

For dessert, Ukrainian Poppyseed Cake with Lemon Sauce (using the orange filling recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking)

We might finish off some dessert wine or coffee as well.

Do you think Max will notice that there's no meat? It should be a satisfying meal and good for my mom who is watching her diet.

No comments: