Saturday, March 21, 2009

Walt Disney World

I've been in Florida since Monday, just got back last night. I was there for work but Max was able to come with me so it was also fun. Here's the overview:

Monday
Max and I arrived, checked in at the Contemporary Resort, and then did the work stuff that needed to be done. In the afternoon we spent a few hours in Downtown Disney. For dinner we went to the California Grill.

Tuesday
Max and I had breakfast together and then he was off to Magic Kingdom for the day while I was working. At the end of the day we both went to the park, had dinner at Tony's Town Square Restaurant, rode the rides and watched the fireworks.

Wednesday
Max and I had breakfast together again and then he was off to Epcot while I was working. He returned in the afternoon after I was done with work and then we both went to the park, rode the rides, had dinner at Bistro de Paris, and watched the fireworks.

Thursday
This was our only full day in the park together. After breakfast we went to Animal Kingdom - my favorite park - and arrived just before it opened. All day we rode the rides, watched the shows, saw the animals. For lunch we went to Yak & Yeti Restaurant, the only full service restaurant in the park. For dinner we took the shuttle bus over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and ate at Jiko.

Friday
We checked out early and sent our luggage to the airport using Disney's airport express. Then we took the monorail to Epcot and arrived before the park opened. We rode the rides and then had lunch at Teppan Edo in the Japanese pavilion. For dessert we had gelato from the Italian pavilion. Then after a little more walking around it was time to head to the airport.

Tomorrow, more details!

No comments: