Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Flat top baby

I made a baby hat over the weekend for a friend's baby. Started on Friday and finished on Sunday.

IMG_7525
IMG_7527IMG_7528

The pattern is Flat-Top Hat by Iris Schreier and the yarn is Artyarns Supermerino. Knit on size 2 (2.75mm) needles, the stitches were quite tiny and still took some time in front of the TV to get it done.

I'm working on a larger hat for down the road when the baby girl is a little bigger using the Sweet Leaf Toddler Hat pattern by Gina House and some cotton yarn, Soleil.

Simultaneously, I'm working on a silk shawl for my Mom. Finally settled on a pattern (after ripping out two others), Meandering Vines Shawl. It's working for me finally. The silk yarn is very slippery, even on wooden needles but it will be worth it if my Mom loves it. She's coming down to visit in April so I need to get it done before she gets here. She asked for something that she could wear in the summer when it's warm out.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Cute hat! I like the pearls. : )