Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Year's resolution status update

Resolutions
  • - use more yarn from my stash (especially the good stuff!)
  • - finish one of my UFOs
  • - use my new sewing machine
  • - use my new ice cream machine (Christmas gift!)
  • - make a good loaf of no-knead bread
  • - lose my holiday weight (helps that I'll be practicing yoga twice a week starting tomorrow)
Update
  • 1) I have been using yarn from my stash, both good stuff and some of the acrylic. I've made a poncho for myself, several head scarves that will be Christmas gifts for my little cousins, a scarf, and some baby stuff for friends... plus I gave some to my friend Meryl.
  • 2) Have not even touched one of my Unfinished Objects.
  • 3) Have not even opened the sewing machine box yet, argh, really need to bite the bullet and at least do that.
  • 4) As you've already seen, I made ice cream! And I can't wait to make some more.
  • 5) As you've also already seen, I finally made a good loaf of no-knead bread. Only took me three tries!
  • 6) Hmmm... my weight. This is a tricky one since my appetite seems to increase in the winter. I've been doing yoga twice a week and going to the gym on the weekend at least once but so far... well, it's a good thing I don't have a wedding to go to until the end of April. Still, all my new size 6 clothes fits, so I it's only a little extra.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Looks like you're making good progress! :)