Friday, February 23, 2007

Frivoli for me!

For Christmas, Kristina went ALL the way to Italy just to buy me this yarn:

Filas yarn

Okay, not really... she was there for school and came back with all kinds of yummy yarn from Italy and interesting pattern booklets from Poland. This is one of the many balls of yarn she brought back (photo taken using a make-shift light box... white paper on three sides... and surprise! It works! This is actually the true colours!). It's a combination of merino wool, alpaca, and something else. Very soft. After knitting up so many things for other people, and especially after making this hat three times for other people, I decided to make one for myself since I like it so much. I've knitted another repeat since taking this picture.

Frivoli hat

2 comments:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Cool, I love souvenir yarn, especially direct from another county. :) The color is gorgeous!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

*countRy. *rolls eyes at myself* Enjoy your weekend! :)