Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Here's my sweetheart, out in the snow, getting the driveway and sidewalk cleared.



My office, like many in this area, follow the federal government. Today "federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are OPEN under a DELAYED ARRIVAL/UNSCHEDULED LEAVE policy. Employees should plan to arrive for work no more than 2 hours later than they would normally arrive, and employees who cannot report for work may take unscheduled leave." This affects the shuttle bus that normally picks me up down the street and drives me to the Metro station. The roads are a mess, cleared but still snowy. Max is working from home today, and my boss told our department to feel free to do the same - so I am too.

The upside to this? Max's new hat is finally getting some action!

In knitting news, here's the progress I made on a Frivoli hat last night (in one night!):




I'm using size 8 needles and the yarn is Red Heart Soft.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That's a cute hat pattern, and new to me, thanks!

You got a lot of snow, especially for the area. I hope the week is going well otherwise. :)