Monday, November 27, 2006

Sewing

I can't sew, not really. I know how, how it's supposed to be done, what I'm supposed to do... but then there's reality. One summer during college, I decided I was going to sew a dress for myself. It took 3 months! I'm totally hopeless when it comes to sewing, but... I guess because of my craftiness with knitting, my in-laws decided they wanted to buy me a sewing machine. So while Max's Dad was in town, we went to Sears and brought home the Singer 7442.


Comes with 80 stitch functions • 30 built-in stitches patterns • Electronic stitch formation • One-step buttonhole - 2 styles • Automatic optimum stitch settings • Automatic tension • LED light.

I'm totally intimidated.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

You can always use it to secure the cutting line for steeks. ;-)

Actually, I have also used a sewing machine to do a "sew and cut" neckline after forgetting to bind off the neck stitches on a front piece.

The sewing machine manual is your friend. Do not lose it. I still refer to mine for the less used features and the machine is 28 years old.