Monday, November 20, 2006

Cambridge Sweater

Here's what the sweater looked like before the weekend:

Cambridge Sweater

That's the inside view. Over the weekend I finished the two fronts. And then promptly set it aside to knit the Swish Poncho. It's all seaming from here... sew the fronts and back together at the shoulders, then set in the sleeves, then sew the sleeve and side seams. There's more knitting once all of that is done but I just didn't feel like doing it. Especially since Max was playing his new Zelda game and I wanted to watch - which I could do while knitting the poncho but not while sewing. At least that's what I kept telling myself! :)

I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the month but this is a super busy week so I'm not sure if that is going to happen. Tonight, we're having friends over for dinner and then I need to do some Thanksgiving prep after they leave. Tomorrow, more prep and then friends arriving late to stay the night. Wednesday, tons more prep and then family arrives simultaneously at two different airports. And then of course, Thursday is the big day. I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

Marlene said...

The sweater is looking great! It will be worth all the seaming.

I'm one of the lucky few who actually enjoys seaming. I love the magic of "mattress stitch" and "3 needle bind off".