Monday, April 10, 2006

Knitty Spring 2006

Since my mind is already on vacation, why not spend the day reading through all the articles in the new issue of Knitty? Why not indeed. :)

Favorite patterns: Tendrils, Convertible, and (especially) Nautie

I would love to make a whole sea of toys (how cool would that be for the 2007 calendar) but with all my other WIPs... sigh... maybe one day. I do have the suggested yarn in three colours, so that may help. I love all the articles - definitely the biggest issue yet. Go Amy! Keep up the good work! I read all 17 articles today, even the ones about spinning and dyeing.

As for the Green Grass Sweater... it's coming back to life. I'm knitting the front and back at the same time and have made it to the waist, almost ready to do the increases for the bust. Since I'm not bringing it with me on my trip, I'm trying to do as much as I can before I leave. Max is afraid I'll lose something (or have it taken away) if I bring my knitting with me so instead I'm bringing some cheap acrylic yarn and a crochet hook to practice my crocheting. Freeform, definitely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Nautie's are really cute!!