Thursday, May 14, 2009

Space... the final frontier

Last night Max picked me up after work and we went to see the new Star Trek movie. I'm a bit of a Trekkie so of the two of us, I was much more excited to see the movie - though Max definitely wanted to go.

It was exciting! I loved seeing each character as they were introduced - especially the USS Enterprise... and the music too, it was all so familiar and new, all at the same time. I love the new crew. They're young and brilliant, fitting into the Star Trek mythology really well. The story is told well so that if you don't know much, you're not lost at all.

Some of the smaller parts were played by some easily recognizable actors... Jennifer Morrison from House played Kirk's mother and Winona Ryder played Spock's mother - something we didn't realize until we watched the credits. Guess there's something to be said for that! :)

There's nothing extra at the end but we waited just in case. I loved the movie, as you can probably tell. Max did too - he liked it even more than Wolverine. And we both thought that was a good movie.

Go see it. Definitely go see it.

We're going again on Sunday!

1 comment:

KSee said...

I am so a Trekkie. I grew up on this. I am off next Friday so I will see what is playing down at Potomac Yards.