Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Orange bamboo

Some crazy friend of mine keeps joking that she's going to have a baby so that I will knit something for her... she's not serious about getting pregnant but she definitely wants me to knit something for her. That's cool. Her birthday is around the corner so I thought I would make something light and summery for her. I wound up two skeins of Alchemy bamboo the other night, that's about 276 yards. The stitch pattern I picked out is called purse stitch. Using a US size 10 needle is creating a very open fabric, which should be the right weight and also stretch out the yardage.

IMG_8088

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That is gorgeous yarn. I think I might need some of that. I'm thinking I need to make myself a pretty orange hat. I think it would make a pretty Shining Star hat ...

http://kategilbert.com/h_startop.html

Ashley said...

Wow. That comment sounded a lot less like a Dr. Seuss in my head ...