Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Public Transport

Max works out of two offices and, for the most part, his drive to work is short and more or less takes him past my office. So he usually drives me to work, which is great... we spend a few more minutes together in the morning before our work day begins.

The past two days he's been at the other office, which is not only far away but in a completely different direction, so I took public transportation to work. Yesterday, ugh, the weather was gross. Today though, since there was a huge downpour last night, it was great. Sunny and warm, but not too warm. And both days I got to read a few pages from The Other Boelyn Girl, which I am thoroughly enjoying.

Max and I have even talked about both of us taking public transportation to work... and it's quickly becoming a possibility, but not yet. Unfortunately, for all my talk about doing the right thing for the environment, this is one of my greatest weaknesses. Even in the summer when it's light out. It's difficult to trade a 10-15 minute commute for a 30-40 minute commute, even if the longer one is essentially free. If only I could work from home! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm almost near the end of "I, Elizabeth." It's a great (but very long) read. As I was reading it, I thought, I have to read "The Other Boleyn Girl," now. I should have read them the other way around though, I think, keep up with the timeline and all that.
Good for you for public transport. I think once you get over the time thing, it becomes much easier. I consider my commute time as me time. Like now with the bike, I have to get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning ANYWAY to get in a walk/workout, so with the bike, that time is already built in, I just do it at a slightly different time. So, if you read anyway, now it's just at a slightly different time, and you can use the time you usually read, for something else (like knitting super cute baby jackets!)

Vicki said...

Hi Nicole, I found your blog from your comment about the NatureMill Automatic Composter. I just ordered one and was wondering if I tell them your name if I/we would qualify for the group discount, or did you already find 2 more people? Thanks! Vicki L.