Monday, June 30, 2008

Chicago

So I finished the second yellow mini mitten before I went to Chicago only to realise that I had not used the right size needles for the cuff and so it was too big. Frogged. I cast on again and knit a few rows on Monday night of last week... it's about all I could handle while I was working in Chicago.



On Saturday I had dinner with Brian and Justin and their friends at Hai Yen on North Clark (the fancier location). We had cupcakes for dessert at a place down the street.

Strawberry Shortcake Smores Key Lime Pie Dirt and Worms

The next morning I had breakfast with my friend Nicole at Yolk. She suggested the cinnamon bun French toast - it was really really good! That night I had dinner with some co-workers at a Thai restaurant on South Michigan Ave. The service was amazing and the food was really good... wish I could remember the name of the place.

Max arrived on Tuesday night after the majority of the hard work was done and I could relax. The plan was for us to have breakfast at Yolk and then for him to take his final exam on Wednesday (while I went to work for the last day of my business trip) and then go out and walk around Chicago. Which he did. Here's some of what he saw:



Max and I had dinner with our friend Robert and his fiancee on Wednesday night. We went to Giordano's to have Chicago stuffed pizza.



In the morning, Max and I had breakfast at Yolk (if you're counting, that's the third time for me in one week) and then we checked out of the hotel.

(To be continued...)

No comments: