Friday, June 13, 2008

Noseberries



Not really... but that's what I called them when I was a kid. Don't remember why though.

On Wednesday, the weather had cooled down considerably after a big storm and so Max decided to take the night off from studying so we could go out for a walk after dinner. We were gone for over an hour because we were picking mulberries. This is a great year for them since there has been so much rain. We stopped at four trees and filled up this container, which is bigger than a pint.



And Max thought I was being greedy for taking such a large container! My fingers were stained purple from picking but it was well worth it. The taste and texture reminds me of childhood, while to Max it always makes him think of Canada since that's where he first tasted them. We'll probably wash them and eat them for dessert tonight. Yum!

No comments: