Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend review

Knitting


I finished another Odessa hat this weekend. It's intended as a Christmas present. Now I'm working on a basket weave pattern in burgundy Lily cotton on size 6 needles. More than that, I can't say. It's also a present.

Driving
On Saturday, I drove in the rain for the first time ever. It was cloudy but clear when we left the house. As I pulled up to the stoplight outside our community, it started to rain a little. The automatic windshield wipers turned on and the rain was drawn across the glass. It was the first time I drove with my view obstructed and it shook me up a little. I only drove outside the community for one block before returning to my neighborhood. I drove back to the house and the whole thing was over in less than 10 minutes.

On Sunday, it was clear and sunny. I drove outside the community on the main road for two blocks and then took the exit into the park. I did well and was feeling confident, so Max told me to go for it and drive to the grocery store. It's about 3 city blocks from our house, requires three lane changes and a left hand turn at a stop light. I was pretty scared, as much as last Saturday, but I did it! I pulled into the parking lot and parked. I drove to the grocery store. Max drove us home. Next weekend I'm going to try to do that too. It's all very exciting and scary.

The Last Mimzy
We went to see this on Sunday. A great, feel-good movie! It's fun and fantastical. The movie is based on a short story that is based on a line from Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, "all mimsy were the borogoves." Emma Wilder, played by Rhiannon Leigh Wryn, is so cute and has the most entrancing little smile. I definitely recommend it.

No comments: