Thursday, October 26, 2006

My sister's wedding

As you know, my sister's wedding was on the 14th in Canada. I arrived at my parents' house the night before at 1am while my sister was asleep. She was awake and out the door to get her hair done before I got up around 7am. The day started out rainy and cold. My mom and I went to get our hair done at 9am. On the way back, we picked up my sister's bridal bouquet. It was so heavy! When we got back to the house, the photographer had already started and I hadn't even had a chance to say hi yet. Her photographer, Derek, was great! The pictures were very beautiful and he was really cool.

St. Mary's altar

The ceremony was held at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Hamilton, Ontario. The church is just as I remember it, run down but still beautiful and very cold... it's where I was baptised when I was five and where I went to mass for many years. When I walked in and saw it for the first time in probably 20 years, a lot of memories came rushing back and I got all emotional. More so perhaps since I don't go to church anymore. I'm not sure if they had the heat on but if it was on, it was set on low. I wore my winter coat through the entire ceremony. And a wool wrap over my coat. All the bridesmaids were freezing in their spaghetti strap dresses, gauzy chiffon wraps, and strappy high heel sandals. I sat in the second pew with my parents and Max and took a few pictures. Max was on video recorder duty.

After the ceremony, Max and I went back to my parents house to change out of our fancy clothes for a little whilte and rest until later. The bridal party showed up at the house just as it began to hail.

Around 4pm, we headed over to the hall. The reception was at the Olympia Banquet Centre. We took the family photos before most of the guests arrived and everything started. Here's a picture of me, my sister, and my brother:

The siblings: Nicole, Noelle, and Marc

As for the reception, there were many courses of dinner, strobe lights, dry ice, a fog machine, a flaming sword show for the cherries jubilee dessert... it was like something out of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. There was an open bar but I only got drunk at the very end of the night. By 11:30pm, I was totally exhausted. Shortly after I got back to my parents house, I went to bed and passed out.
Post a Comment