Thursday, July 20, 2006

Midwest Wedding

Wedding #1 is this weekend...in Madison, Wisconsin. We leave tomorrow morning and I can't wait! I haven't seen my bestfriend Kristina since last Thanksgiving and although we talk all the time, it's just not the same. Plus I'll be meeting her boyfriend Bruce, having dinner with my friend Ray Hsu from university and meeting his girlfriend, meeting Peter's Katie, and Andy's Jackie. Guess I'll need to tamp down my anti-social side for the weekend.

Lady Eleanor will be coming with me since the airline allows knitting needles. Max is worried about the airport security but hopefully it will be fine if I use circular needles. I've wondered in passing if there is a yarn shop I could visit but since we'll be sans car...

My newest favorite blog to read: The Heathen Housewife

Ever since the Yarn Harlot mentioned it on her blog, I've been reading it everyday. I think what I love most is watching her open her mail. You can think whatever you want about that. Yesterday's post was expecially great since she had all kinds of nice things to say about Canada. And I love watching her blanket grow. It looks like a knitted quilt, all those wonderful little squares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend in Madison! : ) You'll be in my "neighborhood" though I am sorry to say I've yet to visit Madison or Milwaukee, so I haven't any stores/good eats to recommend.

SP8