Friday, July 28, 2006

What I love and don't love (about knitting)

Taking a page from my friend Darren...

I love knitting! I love the feel of working a good yarn in my hands. I love the feel of good quality needles (rosewood). I love trying out new patterns. I love learning new techniques. I love casting on! I love it when the new issue of Interweave Knits arrives in the mail so I can devour it page by page. I love shopping for yarn and feasting my eyes on all the beautiful yarns. I love it when Max gets involved with my knitting and helps me with my projects. I love it when someone really loves something I've made for them. I love taking roadtrips and not having to drive so I can knit instead. I love my ball winder and I love winding yarn - it's so much fun. I love it when I've substituted a yarn and changed the needle size and the final product turns out just right nonetheless. I love checking the stats from my sitemeter and seeing all the places that people visit my site from (Canada, the UK, Argentina, Lebanon, France, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Australia). I love getting comments on my blog. I love reading knitting blogs - especially the Yarn Harlot, Grumperina, My Self-Absorbed World, Gathering Some Wool, the Heathen Housewife, and Wovenflame. I love knitting podcasts - especially Cast On by Brenda Dayne and KnitCast by Marie Irshad.

I hate is when a pattern is wrong. I hate it when I'm trying to learn a new technique and just don't get it. I hate it when I'm too scared to try something and then when I do it turns out to be not that hard (cables for example). I hate having a knitting budget. I hate weaving in the ends. I hate it when I lose my knitting mojo. I hate running out of yarn in the middle of a project.

I wish I could knit all day! I wish more people would add themselves to my Frappr map. I wish Max wasn't always so hot and I could knit something for him to wear. I wish I knew who my visitors were and that they would leave more comments. I wish all my friends were knitters.

3 comments:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like yours, too!

I wish I could knit all day, as well. Or have 36 hour days. With my 2 small children, I don't get nearly enough time and the gift knitting takes over way too much of the time! But of course I am obsessed with the Evil Mitred Blankie right now. I shall now go see your favorite blogs. Bye!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

And I just added myself to your Frappr map.

Anonymous said...

Well said!!!

SP8

(Hmm, you've given me another idea for the SP8 reveal.)