Tuesday, July 11, 2006

13 minutes

-The amount of time it took me to go "running" this morning. Had to stop a few times to catch my breath. Only 10 days until wedding #1 and I'm still not sure how comfortable I'm going to be in my dress (that I picked out months ago when I was confident I had enough time to slim down).

-Twice as long as it took for my MIL to open the gift box wrapped in red yarn, say "Thank you. You made this yourself?" and then close the box and set it aside. At least she liked it. I think. Does it fit? Don't know. One of her friends did ask me how long it took me to make. I started it in December.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jogging, yuck! : )

Sometimes I ask the person to try the item on, sometimes not. Other times, they'll put on their new gift immediately. There's another group of people who love their gifts, but want to keep it tucked away because it's too precious and they don't want to harm it.

My grandma prefers to use my knitted washcloths as doilies! At first that bugged me, but as long as she likes them and uses them, that's great. I wouldn't want your MIL to use the cardi as a doily, though. : )

SP8

Marlene said...

I hope she was just too embarrassed to try it on in front of other people. That is one fantastic sweater that you knit. I hope she will get a lot of use out of it.

You know, one time many, many years ago, I got a much cherished gift from my brother. It was the first present I opened that Christmas and it was the only thing I had REALLY wanted. I wanted to sit there admiring it but I also didn't want other people to feel bad that I wasn't excited about opening their presents, so I put his down and continued with the others. Hours later I found out that he was crushed that I "didn't like" what he gave me. That couldn't have been farther from the truth! I was just trying to give the other giftees equal time.

I hope your beatiful sweater was much like that. It was just so lovely that she had to set it aside to give the other gift givers equal enthusiasm.