Sunday, July 02, 2006

Baked

Although the forecasted high is 90F today, when I woke up this morning, I felt like baking. First I made the crust for Max's favorite pie, "Icebox Blueberry Pie" from America: The Beautiful Cookbook.



Then I decided to bake some rye bread using the recipe off the bag of flour. First time trying it out but so far it looks good.


As with all sorts of baking, there is waiting time... chill dough for one hour... let rise for 45 minutes... and so I've been catching up on my knitting blogs. Later, I'll be sewing the buttons onto the MIL cardigan! We bought some yesterday at G Street Fabrics... Max helped pick them out. What do you think?
Button for MIL cardigan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm ... blueberry pie ....

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great and so does that bread!