Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weekend highlights

Went to the Alexandria Farmer's Market. We were there early - 6:30am. I'm not even up that early on a regular day! Bought some yummy bread, fruits, vegetables, and lilacs.

Max at the Farmer's market

Practiced my driving while it was still early and there weren't too many cars on the road... in my neighborhood. Max says I'm getting better.

Went for a walk, ate a noseberry (that's what I used to call them when I was a kid). The first one was not quite ripe and really tart. The second one was just right.

Noseberries

We did go to the movies but didn't see any of the movies I had in mind. We went to see X-Men: The Last Stand. It was great. It's interesting seeing the kids grow up from one movie to the next. I can't believe how many characters were killed off. And knowing what I do (thanks Max) about the Phoenix Force, I was a little disappointed that they changed the very nature and entext of power so drastically from the comic book.

We also went to the gym. During our workout, Max starts talking to someone. At first, I figured it was someone he had worked with at AOL but then, no, he mentioned that he had worked at AOL... Hmmm.... So, despite my sweaty disheveled-ness, I went over to meet him. Turned out to be a friend of his from HKIS who he hasn't seen in 12 years. Who lives in our neighborhood. What are the chances?? I was just blown away.

Started working on something for my secret pal. Finished the MIL cardigan. Just need to weave in the ends and sew on the buttons. Not totally finished but if it were cold (and not, say, 93) then it could be worn to keep warm.

MIL cardigan MIL Cardigan

Booked our tickets for Peter's wedding. Less than a month 'til. Guess I better send back the RSVP postcard soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Farmer's Markets, they're fun! I hope to see X-Men soon, too.

The sweater for your MIL looks terrific, you did awesome. :)

Your SP8