Monday, May 15, 2006

Argh, another do-over

MIL cardigan

You probably can't tell, but the arms are not the right size. The length is right but they're not wide enough - for my arms at least (which, I suspect, are smaller than the MIL arms). So, another do-over. Thankfully not a COMPLETE do-over, as was the case with the Green Grass Sweater, just the arms. I'll probably rip them back at least half way and then increase like mad as I knit it back up.

This is what I get for substituting a different yarn and making other changes to the pattern without measuring my knitting along the way. Although, listening to Brenda Dayne's "Today's Sweater" from the 5/06/06 episode of Cast On, I don't feel so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole, I'm your SP8, and wanted to let you know I'm reading your blog and catching up on my emails. I'll send you a more personal hello later today when I'm caught up.

Bummer on the sweater, but at least it's only the sleeves. Beautiful color! : )