Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food Matters

As many of you know, I'm quite the foodie and both Max and I like to eat good food. One of our favorite restaurants is Food Matters. We are frequent diners and like to bring friends whenever we can. It's also where we got out CSA allotments each week during the summer, which was just an extension of the ingredients they use in their menu - fresh, local, and in season. Their beef comes from cows in Maryland. Their chickens are raised in Pennsylvania Amish farms, which is also where their eggs come from. It's amazing and makes me feel good about the food I eat there.

And the food is good. Whenever I crave a hamburger now, it's theirs I want most. Same goes for Max and their buffalo wings. He also likes their deviled eggs and will eat the entire plate himself. The french fries are fantastic and so are the homefries. For brunch I usually go for the brioche french toast but the quiche is always a good choice too. Max likes the grilled pork chop and I must say, it always looks so juicy and flavorful. My friend Laura has chosen the make-your-own omelet, and even though it is ginormous, she always cleans her plate. And they have this red dessert wine from Uragyuay that smells like vanilla that I just love.

Is it any wonder that it's one of our favorite places? I hope you'll check it out sometime soon.

Location: 4906 Brenman Park Drive, Alexandria, VA 22304

New Hours!
Tuesday-Thursday 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m
Friday 5:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
Saturday 11:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Still not convinced?
More reviews are posted on Yelp.

No comments: