Friday, December 15, 2006

Swish poncho

Swish poncho
I finished this poncho awhile ago but with the shorter days, it took forever to take a natural daylight photo. You can't tell but it was pretty cold outside.

This was a quick knit - once I figured out what the pattern meant. I used Knit Picks Swish in dark navy. The yarn is 100% wool, it's soft and nice to work with - and after a machine wash it still looks great. If I were to make it again though, I would knit it in the around and avoid having to sew seams.

The poncho is a Christmas present for my brother's (long-time) girlfriend. Should be just the thing to keep her warm at work. I'm mailing it on Saturday. Hopefully it will arrive in Canada in time for Christmas!

2 comments:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

It looks terrific and way better than the pattern picture, too! :)

Kristy said...

I like it! It's small and light enough to not overpower the wearer :)